DataGrid Question ...

Elton Wang

Hi John,

What you missed is you should handle DataGrid ItemCommand
event rather than SelectedIndexChanged event.

Change to following code:

AddHandler dg1.ItemCommand, AddressOf dg1_ItemCommand

And

Private Sub dg1_ItemCommand(ByVal source As Object, ByVal
e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)
Handles dg1.ItemCommand
If e.CommandName.Equals("Select") Then
Dim s As String = "See Spot run ...."
End If

End Sub

to see what happens.

Hope it is helpful to you.

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)

Elton Wang

Hi John,

I even think you don't need following code to fire event
AddHandler dg1.ItemCommand, AddressOf dg1_ItemCommand
unless you create your datagrid on the fly.

You can still add your button to the datagrid on the fly.
Then you can directly use VS.NET to build a standard
DataGrid_ItemCommand event:
In View Code window from left dropdown list select
datagrid, and in right dropdown list, select ItemCommand
event.

BTW, it is better use reference type of datagrid object in
your
Function Set_ButtonColumn.
It is like this
Function Set_ButtonColumn(ByRef oDG As DataGrid) As Boolean

Regards,

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)