DataGrid row ID

Guest

Hello,

I need to give each row an ID in a DataGrid as I need to retrive it through
JavaScript using the row ID rather than the index.

Is this possible at all?

Thanks all,

Jon

Guest

The table rows rendered by the datagrid do not have ID values. If you have to
assign ids to the rows you may use Javascript:

var tbl = document.getElementById("datagrid1");
//this loop would assign ids to the rows (including the header row)
for (var i=0;i<tbl.rows.length;i++)
{
tbl.rows.id="row" + i;
}
//the following line is a test to refer to a row by its id
alert(document.getElementById("row1").outerHTML);

Guest

Hello Phillip,

I've managed tio do this server side within the ItemDataBound event.
Basically use do the following:

e.Item.Attributes.Add("ID", [name]);

e.Item is the row.

Thanks,