DataGrid Sort Problem

Courtney

Everyone,
I am having problems with sorting in a c# webform datagrid. The
problem
manifests itself in the heading text. When I turn on sorting, the
column
headings dissappear. After selecting on a row in the grid, they
reapear.
If I select on one of the headings to sort, the grid sorts and the
headings
dissapear. If I select a row again, the heading text reappears.

A little background on the application I am building. Just about
everything is built on the fly. I have a search page fills an Xml
document
with data then redirects to the results page (with the datagrid).
Onload,
the grid 1. creates a dataview from some of the data in the
xmldocument. 2.
Builds column for the datagrid based on the columns in the dataview.
3.
binds the dataview to the datagrid. There are some other details
going on
but that is the general flow.

The selected index change does not do much.

When I sort, I am rebuilding the whole datagrid again.

The problem obviously comes with how I am buiding the grid but I
do not
understand how or why. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if
there is a better way to do what I am doing, I would like to hear that
as
well.

All relevant code is below. If you want to see the sourced, let
me know. Thanks. Courtney

PageLoad code:
//Build the columns based on the nodelist
this.BuildDynamicColumns(currentDataView);

//Load the DataGrid
//This binds the dataview to the DataGrid
LoadDataGrid(currentDataView);

Build Columns function:
private void BuildDynamicColumns(DataView myDV)
{
//Setup the DataGrid
ResultsDG.AutoGenerateColumns = false;

//Paging Properties
ResultsDG.AllowPaging = true;

//Sorting Properties
ResultsDG.AllowSorting = true;
//Remove Columns if they already exist
if (ResultsDG.Columns.Count > 1)
{
for (int i=1; i < ResultsDG.Columns.Count; i++)
{
ResultsDG.Columns.Remove(ResultsDG.Columns);
i--;

//Check to see if there are any columns in the DataView
if (myDV.Table.Columns.Count != 0)
{
//Loop through the columns
foreach (DataColumn myDVCol in myDV.Table.Columns)
{
string columnName = myDVCol.ColumnName;
columnName = myCommon.InsertSpacesForCaps(columnName);
BoundColumn myCol = new BoundColumn();
myCol.DataField = columnName;
myCol.SortExpression = columnName;
myCol.HeaderText = columnName;