    create a web control and set it in the Datagrids row style at run-time
    passing a parameter from the datagrid to 'initialize' the control.

    I'm not sure if I'm sounding clear or not. I can expand further if required.

    Greif, Jun 1, 2005

  2. Datagrid supports a number of styles and templates for various types of row.
    A bit more advanced topic is how to change row appearance depending on the
    data. For this you cab either databind visual properties to data columns or,
    the most flexible way, to operate on the grid programmatically in
    ItemDataBound or/and PreRender event.

    Eliyahu

    "Greif" <> wrote in message
    > I am somewhat new to using Datagrids.
    >
    > I would like to present a datagrid with vairous different types of
    > styles/templates when selected/edited. Is there a way to dynamically build
    > the rowstyles depending on the row (data type/class).
    >
    > Or, would it be easier to use custom web controls and create an instance

    of

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 2, 2005