DataGridView or something else

Guest

from what I read & tried, DataGridView was meant for Window Forms, not for
ASP/Web pages... correct?

While I can use it to display data, I can't seem to figure out how to edit
the cells... I'm not looking to put edit buttons on each row... I'll go back
to regular window forms before I create such an interface..

So is it true, in ASP.Net using the DataGridView, I'm not going to be able
to use that control to edit data?

Is there such a control I can use in ASP.Net?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the dataGridview is a window forms control, so if you want to use in IE,
then you should write a smart client.

if you want to write an html based application, then look at the grid view
or look at an ajax solution. if you want to write web apps, you should learn
html (book store is full of books).and css. you can then understand the
limiation asp.net is working under.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

that's what I thought, don't want a html "application"
I've been looking at some ajax controls....