    So is it true, in ASP.Net using the DataGridView, I'm not going to be able
    to use that control to edit data?

    Is there such a control I can use in ASP.Net?
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obks=?=, Sep 25, 2006

  2. the dataGridview is a window forms control, so if you want to use in IE,
    then you should write a smart client.

    if you want to write an html based application, then look at the grid view
    or look at an ajax solution. if you want to write web apps, you should learn
    html (book store is full of books).and css. you can then understand the
    limiation asp.net is working under.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Sep 25, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obks=?=

    Mark Rae Guest

    "JohnK" <> wrote in message

    > from what I read & tried, DataGridView was meant for Window Forms, not for
    > ASP/Web pages... correct?

    Correct.

    > So is it true, in ASP.Net using the DataGridView, I'm not going to be able
    > to use that control to edit data?

    It's true inasmuch as the DataGridView is not designed to be used in a
    webform...

    Yep: http://www.devsource.com/article2/0,1895,1912501,00.asp
    Mark Rae, Sep 25, 2006
  4. that's what I thought, don't want a html "application"
    I've been looking at some ajax controls....

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obks=?=, Sep 25, 2006
  5. guess I go back to window forms ... which is fine (for now)

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obks=?=, Sep 25, 2006
  6. Will be happy to see you back soon.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,