Datalist RepeatLayout Flow spacing problems

ree32

I am using Repeatlayout flow on my datalist so I can have my table
layout outside the datalist. But its crapping this huge spacing above
the table. The spacing is proportional to the number of records in the
datalist.

This table is in the main table.

Here is a bit of the code

<asp:DataList ID="listSearch" RepeatLayout=Flow Runat=server >
<ItemTemplate>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>

When I looked at the source produced by the browser IE. i saw this
Span tag

I believe this useless span tag is causing this spacing. Is there
anyway around this stupid mess?

Thanks