dataset error

AVL

Hi,
I've a requirement where in I need to read the data from a csv file and
load the data into the sql database. The file has around 1 lakh records. I'm
reading 300 records at a time from the file, loading into a dataset.
From the dataset, I'm reading the rows sequentially,and updating one by one
in to the database. This happens with a sql trnasaction.

The problem is here with the performance.. The file to be loaded exists on
one server and the database exists on another server. The loading process is
too slow
and it breaks with the below error
'The SqlTransaction is closed;it is no longer usable'.
I've searched on the google..but couldn't get appropriate resolution. Can
someone help me out?