Dataset getXML and ReadXML

mr_dom_is

Hi I have a little bit of trouble, probably missing the point not sure
but:

I have a dataset

dim ds as new dataset("User")

Which is populated with data from a database.

When I use

strXml = ds.GetXml()
strSchema = ds.GetSchema()

Then try and re-import into a data set, using the following

mXml = New
MemoryStream(Encoding.GetEncoding("UTF-16").GetBytes(strXml))
mSchema = New
MemoryStream(Encoding.GetEncoding("UTF-16").GetBytes(strSchema))

dim importDS as new DataSet("User")

importDS.ReadSchema(mschema)

importDS.ReadXml(mXml)

I find that the schema imports correctly however the the ReadXML line
throws and exception, checking the XML I can't see anything wrong with
it, as it just a direct output from getXML

[XmlException: An unexpected end of file parsing NAME has occurred.
Line 1, position 2.]
System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanMarkup() +1360
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseTag() +74
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() +234
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +127
System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() +75
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving)
System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(Stream stream)

I am using :

Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

Am I doing something wrong?