DataView?

Guest

I have an 2 HTML pages which list a "code" and it's "description". One page
is sorted in Code order and the other is sorted in Description order.

I was thinking that I could use the Dataview control and allow all of the
entries to be keyed in the HTML, so if new ones were added or removed, there
would be no need to make any codeing changes. Then in code, I could provide
the sort function to sort the items either by code or description.

I don't really see a way to create the "items" in the html. Is there a
way...or should I be using another control?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Guest

I have an 2 HTML pages which list a "code" and it's "description". One page
is sorted in Code order and the other is sorted in Description order.

I was thinking that I could use the Dataview control and allow all of the
entries to be keyed in the HTML, so if new ones were added or removed, there
would be no need to make any codeing changes. Then in code, I could provide
the sort function to sort the items either by code or description.

I don't really see a way to create the "items" in the html. Is there a
way...or should I be using another control?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!

Hi, if you mean a GridView Control, that render a table, take a look
example:
http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/ctrlref/data/gridview.aspx