Date error in ASP.NET

Guest

Hi there,

I wasn't sure where to post this problem, but I think It make most sense in
this group.
We have a new development W2K3 server with IIS and we have installed our
home grown 'Leave Booking' ASP.NET application on it. When we run our
application the dates are being displayed in American Format, causing an
error in our application. We have installed the application on another
development server and it works OK (both points to the same database, so we
have ruled that out). Now, we have checked the international settings and
the date/time setting in the control panel and they all seem to be the same.
As a test I wrote a quick windows app. which displays the dates in a listview
and on both servers it displays OK (British format). This means the problem
seems to lie in the web application.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cammie

Guest

I have seen something similar with a web service I wrote. Worked fine at our
office but once it was installed on a clients IIS box we got a similar
problem to yourself.

Was the .NET Framework installed whilst the regional setting where still US?

The problem on our clients machine was that the regional setting on the IIS
box where US when the .NET framework was installed and that meant the ASPNET
accounts profile was set to US.

I don't know how to fix the problem but I hope this points you in the right
direction. Maybe try creating a web page that displays the settings.

Chris.