Date format for country not listed in ISO 3166

Raghbir

Hello,
I want to find the date format for a country that is not listed
in ISO 3166 http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt,
for example small islands like Isle of Man.
I am using getDateInstance(SHORT,locale) but it is giving wrong
format.
Has anybody faced any such issue earlier ? And how to resolve it
?
Thanks a lot
Have a nice time ahead.

John O

Raghbir said:
Hello,
I want to find the date format for a country that is not listed
in ISO 3166 http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/related/iso3166.txt,
for example small islands like Isle of Man.
I am using getDateInstance(SHORT,locale) but it is giving wrong
format.
Has anybody faced any such issue earlier ? And how to resolve it
?
Thanks a lot
Have a nice time ahead.

You might find the data in the public Locale Repository:
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/

Also, IBM has an open source project called ICU4J that uses that
repository to provide locale support much like that provided by the JDK
itself. However, some consider it to have more breadth...it may have
your Isle of Man locale.

Raghbir

John said:
You might find the data in the public Locale Repository:
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/

Also, IBM has an open source project called ICU4J that uses that
repository to provide locale support much like that provided by the JDK
itself. However, some consider it to have more breadth...it may have
your Isle of Man locale.

Thanks for the pointer. That is a nice project ICU4J.

I had another related doubt. Is it possible to detect that Java does
not have data for the country I am asking for ?