Date formats

Brett_A

I'm working on converting some data from an old .dbf file and I'm
having problems with the date fields.

These are example values from date related fields.

1127431141
1134688741
1128650845

I've read about Julian type dates, but this doesn't fit the format.

Any ideas what format these dates are in and how to convert to
something more usables (mm/dd/yyyy)?

Thanks.

Brett

Anthony Jones

Brett_A said:
I'm working on converting some data from an old .dbf file and I'm
having problems with the date fields.

These are example values from date related fields.

1127431141
1134688741
1128650845

I've read about Julian type dates, but this doesn't fit the format.

Any ideas what format these dates are in and how to convert to
something more usables (mm/dd/yyyy)?

It would help if we had the remotest clue what dates the above values are
representing. It should then be easy to determine how it's being stored.
Even the field name may be a clue enough to resolve it.

Can you not just use the Jet OLEDB provider to access the DBASE ? See:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326548