Date with constraining facet minInclusive (timezone related)

Discussion in 'XML' started by David Valera, May 10, 2005.

  1. David Valera

    David Valera Guest

    Hello,

    Say you have the following XML instance:

    <Date>2000-01-01+02:00</Date>

    and the following schema:

    elementFormDefault="qualified">
    <xs:element name="date">
    <xs:simpleType>
    <xs:restriction base="xs:date">
    <xs:minInclusive value="2000-01-01"/>
    </xs:restriction>
    </xs:simpleType>
    </xs:element>
    </xs:schema>

    According to the W3C spec the dates are compared but since one of them
    has no timezone then it is not possible to determinate if the date in
    the instance is chronologically greater.

    My question is, what must a validating parser do? generate an error or
    not?

    I might have a bug in a validating parser if an error should be
    raised....

    --

    David Valera

    David Valera, May 10, 2005