datetime popup in asp.net 2.0

Smokey Grindel

I dont know if this got easier in 2.0 or not, I always wanted to add a popup
window for date selection when you clicked a calendar icon, to enter the
date into a textbox next to it. anyone have any examples of this in asp.net
2.0? thanks!

Mark Rae

wow never saw those before, thanks!

I evaluated that calendar control months ago, and had to abandon it because
it was so full of bugs - specifically, it does not understand any cultures
other than US, and it is virtually inoperable in ASP.NET 2. Also, it didn't
have half the features I wanted e.g. the Escape key doesn't even close it!

In the end, I found a much better one on the web which I pretty much
completely re-wrote for ASP.NET 2 - fully XHTML-compliant, cross-platform
and cross-browser etc.

If anybody wants it, just drop me an email and I'll send it to you -
completely free, completely open-source, no licences required.

Tudor Turcu

Hi!

You can find another very good DHTML/JS pop-up calendar at:
http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/ , made by Mihai Bazon.
It is completely free (LGPL) and work on all major browsers.
It does not have any ASP.NET 'support', because there is no need for
this - it is a JavaScript component which can be used in a simple way
from an ASP.NET, PHP of JSP application.

This JS component has also a commercially-supported version, with some
enhancements, sold by Zapatec:
http://www.zapatec.com/website/main/products/prod1/