DBI; error in $handle->execute()

J. Gleixner

Yakov said:
If DBI's $handle->execute() returned error, do I need to call $handle->finish() ?

You rarely need to call finish, however no you don't need to call
finish. If your execute returns an error you'd likely want to die
and there wouldn't be anything in $handle to finish().

perldoc DBI

finish

$rc = $sth->finish;

Indicates that no more data will be fetched from this statement
handle before it is either executed again or destroyed. The finish
method is rarely needed, but [...]