DBI Mysql storing DBI:binary, trouble with character 26

Jerome Hauss

------=_NextPart_000_3DA9_01C4B146.8AE55950

Hello,

Is there any solution to get binary data stored in a correct way into a =
blob in a Mysql database on a win32 platform ?

I am trying to store data from Ruby into a mysql LONGBLOB column, on a =
Win32 platform (Windows 2000, dbi 0.0.23 with Ruby/MySQL 0.2.5 =
interface, ruby 1.8.10-1, mysql 4.0.21)
From ruby-dbi-all-0.0.23.tar.gz archive, I have tested =
ruby-dbi-all\lib\dbd_mysql\test\blob_test.rb, and it appears character =
26 (octal 032) (hexa 1A) (CTRL-Z) stored in a blob is retrieved as =
character 90 (octal 132) (hexa 5A) (Z itself). All tests from =
blob_test.rb are "wrong".
Yet when I use for instance phpMyAdmin to store data without Ruby, I can =
later with Ruby retrieve characters 26 correctly.
So the problem seems to happen only when storing into the blob, not when =
retrieving.

Any solution ?

J=E9r=F4me
------=_NextPart_000_3DA9_01C4B146.8AE55950--