dbx/gdb Choosing Which Forked Process To Follow

clusardi2k

Hello,

I fork a child process. How can I tell a debugger which process
to follow?

Thank you,
Christopher Lusardi

Thomas Maier-Komor

Hello,

I fork a child process. How can I tell a debugger which process
to follow?

Thank you,
Christopher Lusardi

in dbx it is a dbxenv - see "help dbxenv" and search for follow_fork.
don't know for gdb...

Tom

Chris Croughton

I fork a child process. How can I tell a debugger which process
to follow?

(a) Don't crosspost to both comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++, pick one
depending which language you are using.

(b) 'fork' and 'debugger' are not C (or C++) concepts. Try asking on a
newsgroup appropriate to your operating system or to your debugger.
For instance comp.unix.programmer for Unix problems.

Chris C