dealing with emf/wmf files

Jackie Wang

I'd like to put some emf/wmf pictures into a pdf file
using 'reportlab', but the Python Imaging Library
cannot recognize emf files. The wmf files are said to
be 'identified only'.

Therefore, the following code does not work:

from reportlab.pdfgen import canvas
from reportlab.lib.pagesizes import letter
width, height = letter # (595.27,841.89)
def hello(c):
c.drawImage(r'D:\01.wmf',1,1,height,width)

c = canvas.Canvas('hello.pdf',
pagesize=(height,width))
hello(c)
c.showPage()
c.save()

I do not want to convert the pictures into other
formats, e.g. jpg which will lower the quality.

Is there any way to get around with this problem?

Thanks!

Get news delivered with the All new Yahoo! Mail. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page. Start today at http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca