Debug.Assert( False, "Why wont I display ??")

Mr Newbie

Debug.Assert( False, "Why wont I display ??")

I am trying to use this in my code but it wont display. The app is running
on my local machine and the above code under a button click event.

What am I missing ?

Cheers mr N . . .

Mr Newbie

Yes I know, thats my example but it does not work. I'm simply trying to get
the line to work and display the dialog box on my local server if the
assertion failed, but it does naff all and simply goes about its business
without so much as a sneeze !!!

Cheers Mr N

Danny Tuppeny

Mr Newbie said:
Yes I know, thats my example but it does not work. I'm simply trying to
get the line to work and display the dialog box on my local server if the
assertion failed, but it does naff all and simply goes about its business
without so much as a sneeze !!!

I don't know anything about Debug.Assert, but does it only work in debug
mode, and you're not debugging?