debugger

flagmino

To get familiar with the debugger, I have loaded this program:

import math

def s1(x, y):
a = (x + y)
print("Answer from s1"), a
return

def s2(x, y):
b = (x - y)
print("This comes from s2"), b
#print z
print("call from s2: "), s1(x, y)
return

I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

From that point if I press F7, the program restart all over.
If I press Enter, the program gets out of debug mode.

Please help me figuring out how I can use the dbugger. You are welcome
to send a sound file if this is easier for you.

Thanks

ray

Albert Hopkins

]
I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

If I press Enter, the program gets out of debug mode.

Umm.. which debugger is that? My debugger doesn't have shift-F9...

-a

Stef Mientki

Albert said:
]
I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

If I press Enter, the program gets out of debug mode.

Umm.. which debugger is that? My debugger doesn't have shift-F9...
then you probably not working under windows ...

Stef

Tim Chase

Stef said:
Albert said:
]
I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

From that point if I press F7, the program restart all over.
If I press Enter, the program gets out of debug mode.
Umm.. which debugger is that? My debugger doesn't have shift-F9...
then you probably not working under windows ...

Even under Windows, you still have to specify your environment.
In both Win32 and *nix I use pdb as my debugger and shift+F9 does
nothing ;-)

So the question is what is the debugger the OP is using? Because
it's not pdb. :)

-tkc

Dave Angel

Stef said:
]
I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

From that point if I press F7, the program restart all over.
If I press Enter, the program gets out of debug mode.

Umm.. which debugger is that? My debugger doesn't have shift-F9...
then you probably not working under windows ...

Stef

That doesn't help. If you want help, describe the environment. Python
version, OS, and what command you did to start this "debugger." Or at
least its name.

The Windows debugger is called Debug.exe, and it doesn't accept
Shift-F9. But I doubt the OP was talking about that one. Komodo
doesn't seem to do anything with Shift-F9 either.

PythonWin doesn't seem to, nor does Idle. Most of these could be
customized, but that's besides the point.

In version: 2.6.2 (r262:71600, Apr 21 2009, 15:05:37) [MSC v.1500 32
bit (Intel)], running under XPsp3, with win32 extensions loaded, there
are a bunch of files called debug or debugger. Which one might be meant
here?

Or perhaps the debugger was part of NetBeans, or Eclipse, or some other IDE?

DaveA

MRAB

Dave said:
Stef said:
]

I am trying to debug:
I press shift-F9 and F7. I end up in the interpreter where I enter s2
(1, 2).

From that point if I press F7, the program restart all over.
[...]

It might be winpdb, although I haven't been able to confirm it.