debugging C/C++ program with COFF information

vbezard

Hello,

I have compiled my program with COFF Debug information. When I use the
dumpbin.exe utility, I can see that the line numbers, and my symbols
are exported. So, the linker has done his job, but when I execute the
same dumpbin command, the line numbers and the symbols are note
exported. WHY?
For information, I use Microsoft Visual c++ v6 with SP6.
Helps are welcome.

Vince

Skarmander

Hello,

I have compiled my program with COFF Debug information. When I use the
dumpbin.exe utility, I can see that the line numbers, and my symbols
are exported. So, the linker has done his job, but when I execute the
same dumpbin command, the line numbers and the symbols are note
exported. WHY?
For information, I use Microsoft Visual c++ v6 with SP6.
Helps are welcome.

You're in the wrong group. Try microsoft.public.vstudio.general. Your beef
is with the development environment, not the C language.

S.

vbezard

Infact, the dumpbin works with the .OBJ, but not with the .EXE.