Debugging SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer

Stuart D. Gathman

I have a ThreadingTCPServer application (pygossip, part of
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pymilter). It mostly runs well, but
occasionally goes into a loop. How can I get a stack trace of running
threads to figure out where the loop is? Is there some equivalent of
sending SIGQUIT to Java to get a thread dump? If needed, I can import pdb
and set options at startup, but there needs to be some external way of
triggering the dump since I can't reproduce it at will.