declaration expected

Simon Harris

Hi All,

I have a page which I want to accept an ID on the querystring - I'm trying
to get this ID into a hidden form field.

I have the following code at the top of my page:

Line 5: <script language="VB" runat="server">
Line 6: dim ResortID as integer
Line 7: ResortID = Request.QueryString("resortid")
Line 8: </script>

I get this error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected.

What have I done wrong?

I hear alot of talk about using code behind page for everything, but how
would I grab querystring vars using code behind?

Regards,
Simon.

Hermit Dave

i prefer to directly use
Requst("variablename") to grab the variable.

if you double click the page it should open the codebehind class file on
Page_Load event handler.

here declare something like

dim ResortID as integer

if Request("resortid") <> "" then
ResortID = cint(Request("resortid"))
end if

i dont use VB.NET so dont know if you have cint any more.
In C# we tend to use int.parse(string) to get int convesion. you can also
use Convert.ToInt32(variable) to get a int

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)