Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continued useof these groups.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Unitary Matrix, Dec 31, 2010.

  1. All of these newsgroups now belong to me, forthwith. Therefore,
    henceforth, posting to these newsgroups requires permission from me,
    which I do however generously grant in advance for all but the
    following individuals:

    * Adam H. Kerman
    * tholen
    * J. Edgar Hoover
    * George W. Bush
    * glyph
    * Steve
    * Sherm Pendley
    * ClassCastException
    * KalElFan

    These people can submit individual articles to me for approval and
    posting, except that tholen, Bush, and glyph are blanket banned, and
    KalElFan cannot crosspost articles to both rec.arts.tv and any other
    newsgroup. Any article by tholen, Bush, or glyph, or crossposted
    article by KalElFan, will be summarily rejected.

    HOWEVER, there are a few mild restrictions for everyone else:

    * No dissing Star Trek (2009)
    * No referring people to webforums that wish to use newsgroups
    * No off-topic political crap will be tolerated!!
    * Do not insult me
    * No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.

    The transition of rule should be smooth for most of you, save the off-
    topic political crossposters that currently plague rec.arts.tv, and of
    course tholen, who will all have to find new trolling grounds. Sorry.

    That will be all.

    Except:

    Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    Unitary Matrix, Dec 31, 2010

  2. Unitary Matrix <> wrote:

    >All of these newsgroups now belong to me, forthwith. Therefore,
    >henceforth, posting to these newsgroups requires permission from me,
    >which I do however generously grant in advance for all but the
    >following individuals:

    >* Adam H. Kerman
    >* tholen
    >* J. Edgar Hoover
    >* George W. Bush
    >* glyph
    >* Steve
    >* Sherm Pendley
    >* ClassCastException
    >* KalElFan

    >These people can submit individual articles to me for approval and
    >posting, except that tholen, Bush, and glyph are blanket banned, and
    >KalElFan cannot crosspost articles to both rec.arts.tv and any other
    >newsgroup. Any article by tholen, Bush, or glyph, or crossposted
    >article by KalElFan, will be summarily rejected.

    >HOWEVER, there are a few mild restrictions for everyone else:

    >* No dissing Star Trek (2009)
    >* No referring people to webforums that wish to use newsgroups
    >* No off-topic political crap will be tolerated!!
    >* Do not insult me
    >* No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.

    >The transition of rule should be smooth for most of you, save the off-
    >topic political crossposters that currently plague rec.arts.tv, and of
    >course tholen, who will all have to find new trolling grounds. Sorry.

    >That will be all.

    >Except:

    >Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    It's about time seamus has me at number one on a Lits o Haet.

    Adam H. Kerman, Jan 1, 2011

  3. Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    On Dec 31 2010, 5:41 pm, Unitary Matrix <> wrote:
    > All of these newsgroups now belong to me, forthwith.

    What does this grandiose claim have to do with television, Matrix?

    > Therefore, henceforth, posting to these newsgroups requires permission
    > from me, which I do however generously grant in advance for all but the
    > following individuals

    What does that have to do with television, Matrix?

    > * Adam H. Kerman
    > * tholen
    > * J. Edgar Hoover
    > * George W. Bush
    > * glyph
    > * Steve
    > * Sherm Pendley
    > * ClassCastException
    > * KalElFan
    >
    > These people can submit individual articles to me for approval and
    > posting, except that tholen, Bush, and glyph are blanket banned, and
    > KalElFan cannot crosspost articles to both rec.arts.tv and any other
    > newsgroup. Any article by tholen, Bush, or glyph, or crossposted
    > article by KalElFan, will be summarily rejected.
    >
    > HOWEVER, there are a few mild restrictions for everyone else:
    >
    > * No dissing Star Trek (2009)
    > * No referring people to webforums that wish to use newsgroups
    > * No off-topic political crap will be tolerated!!
    > * Do not insult me
    > * No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.
    >
    > The transition of rule should be smooth for most of you, save the off-
    > topic political crossposters that currently plague rec.arts.tv, and of
    > course tholen, who will all have to find new trolling grounds. Sorry.
    >
    > That will be all.
    >
    > Except:
    >
    > Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    What does any of that have to do with television, Matrix?

    Jerry Gerrone, Jan 1, 2011
  4. Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    On Jan 1, 1:25 am, "Adam H. Kerman" <> wrote:
    > It's about time seamus has me at number one on a Lits o Haet.

    Who is "seamus", Kerman? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that
    alias.

    Jerry Gerrone, Jan 1, 2011
  5. Unitary Matrix

    Extravagan Guest

    On 01/01/2011 4:33 AM, Ken Wesson wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 14:41:58 -0800, Unitary Matrix wrote:
    >> * Do not insult me

    > You're [numerous insults deleted]. And, probably, another Seamus sock.

    Who is "Seamus", Wesson? There is nobody in this newsgroup using that alias.

    >> * No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.

    > Ah, a Java fan with an inferiority complex on behalf of his chosen
    > language? :)

    I wouldn't know. I don't know much about computer programming languages.

    >> That will be all.

    > It most certainly will.

    Is that a threat?

    Somehow I doubt the anonymous Google user that started this thread is
    quaking in his boots. :)

    >> Except:
    >>
    >> Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    > Ah. And now we get to the quux of the matter. Cute troll, and happy 2011
    > to you too. :)

    I hope it's better than 2010 was. Fringe doomed, SGU canceled,
    scheduling shenanigans that make those of previous years pale in
    comparison, rec.arts.tv overrun by the tholenbot and shitloads of
    off-topic political crap, and personal matters that are none of anyone's
    beeswax here.

    --
    "I hope there are a lot of hardcore scenes in it. There should be more
    of those in film and theatre as well." -- Stephen Newport in

    Extravagan, Jan 1, 2011
  6. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    Unitary Matrix <> writes:

    1> Newsgroups:
    rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development

    1> All of these newsgroups now belong to me, forthwith.

    Classic delusion of grandeur.

    1> Therefore,
    1> henceforth, posting to these newsgroups requires permission from
    me,
    1> which I do however generously grant in advance for all but the
    1> following individuals:

    1> * Adam H. Kerman
    1> * tholen
    1> * J. Edgar Hoover
    1> * George W. Bush
    1> * glyph
    1> * Steve
    1> * Sherm Pendley
    1> * ClassCastException
    1> * KalElFan

    Right up there with a two-term President, I see.

    1> These people can submit individual articles to me for approval and
    1> posting, except that tholen, Bush, and glyph are blanket banned,
    and
    1> KalElFan cannot crosspost articles to both rec.arts.tv and any
    other
    1> newsgroup. Any article by tholen, Bush, or glyph, or crossposted
    1> article by KalElFan, will be summarily rejected.

    We'll see about that.

    1> HOWEVER, there are a few mild restrictions for everyone else:

    1> * No dissing Star Trek (2009)
    1> * No referring people to webforums that wish to use newsgroups
    1> * No off-topic political crap will be tolerated!!
    1> * Do not insult me
    1> * No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.

    What do any of those restrictions have to do with OS/2, Matrix?

    1> The transition of rule should be smooth for most of you, save the
    off-
    1> topic political crossposters that currently plague rec.arts.tv, and
    of
    1> course tholen, who will all have to find new trolling grounds.
    Sorry.

    Classic erroneous presupposition.

    1> That will be all.

    1> Except:

    1> Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    What does that have to do with OS/2, Matrix?

    , Jan 1, 2011
  7. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    Adam H. Kerman writes:

    19> Newsgroups:
    rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development

    19> It's about time seamus has me at number one on a Lits o Haet.

    What does that have to do with OS/2, Kerman?

    , Jan 1, 2011
  8. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    Jerry Gerrone <> writes:

    6> Newsgroups:
    rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development

    6> What does this grandiose claim have to do with television, Matrix?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Gerrone?

    6> What does that have to do with television, Matrix?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Gerrone?

    6> What does any of that have to do with television, Matrix?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Gerrone?

    7> Newsgroups:
    rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development

    7> Who is "seamus", Kerman? There is nobody in this newsgroup using
    that
    7> alias.

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Gerrone?

    , Jan 1, 2011
  9. Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    On Jan 1, 5:59 am, the tholenbot wrote:
    > Unitary Matrix <> writes:
    >
    > 1> Newsgroups:
    > rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os..os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development
    >
    > 1> All of these newsgroups now belong to me, forthwith.
    >
    > Classic delusion of grandeur.

    Classic tholenbot, taking everything too seriously and literally.

    > 1> Therefore,
    > 1> henceforth, posting to these newsgroups requires permission from
    > me,
    > 1> which I do however generously grant in advance for all but the
    > 1> following individuals:
    >
    > 1> * Adam H. Kerman
    > 1> * tholen
    > 1> * J. Edgar Hoover
    > 1> * George W. Bush
    > 1> * glyph
    > 1> * Steve
    > 1> * Sherm Pendley
    > 1> * ClassCastException
    > 1> * KalElFan
    >
    > Right up there with a two-term President, I see.

    One widely acknowledged to be the worst in history, tholenbot.

    > 1> These people can submit individual articles to me for approval and
    > 1> posting, except that tholen, Bush, and glyph are blanket banned,
    > and
    > 1> KalElFan cannot crosspost articles to both rec.arts.tv and any
    > other
    > 1> newsgroup. Any article by tholen, Bush, or glyph, or crossposted
    > 1> article by KalElFan, will be summarily rejected.
    >
    > We'll see about that.

    Rejected, tholenbot.

    > 1> HOWEVER, there are a few mild restrictions for everyone else:
    >
    > 1> * No dissing Star Trek (2009)
    > 1> * No referring people to webforums that wish to use newsgroups
    > 1> * No off-topic political crap will be tolerated!!
    > 1> * Do not insult me
    > 1> * No peddling Clojure in the Java newsgroup.
    >
    > What do any of those restrictions have to do with OS/2, Matrix?

    Why, absolutely nothing, of course, tholenbot.

    Except to get your offtopic drivel the heck out of
    comp.os.os2.advocacy, tholenbot.

    > 1> The transition of rule should be smooth for most of you, save the
    > off-
    > 1> topic political crossposters that currently plague rec.arts.tv, and
    > of
    > 1> course tholen, who will all have to find new trolling grounds.
    > Sorry.
    >
    > Classic erroneous presupposition.

    Aww, widdle tholenbot doesn't like being called on his trolling! Poor
    widdle tholenbot!

    > 1> That will be all.
    >
    > 1> Except:
    >
    > 1> Now that I've got your attention, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    >
    > What does that have to do with OS/2, Matrix?

    Why, nothing at all, tholenbot.

    Unitary Matrix, Jan 1, 2011
  10. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    Unitary Matrix <> writes:

    2> Newsgroups:
    rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development

    2> Classic tholenbot, taking everything too seriously and literally.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> One widely acknowledged to be the worst in history, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> Rejected, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> Why, absolutely nothing, of course, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> Except to get your offtopic drivel the heck out of
    2> comp.os.os2.advocacy, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> Aww, widdle tholenbot doesn't like being called on his trolling!
    Poor
    2> widdle tholenbot!

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    2> Why, nothing at all, tholenbot.

    Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    using that alias.

    , Jan 2, 2011
  11. Unitary Matrix

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 02-01-2011 08:20, wrote:
    > Unitary Matrix<> writes:
    >
    > 2> Newsgroups:
    > rec.arts.tv,comp.lang.java.programmer,rec.games.roguelike.angband,comp.os.os2.advocacy,rec.games.roguelike.development
    >
    > 2> Classic tholenbot, taking everything too seriously and literally.
    >
    > Who is "tholenbot", Matrix? There is nobody in this newsgroup
    > using that alias.

    There is somebody by the name of tholen that acts like a bot!

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 9, 2011
  12. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= <> writes:

    15> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

    15> There is somebody by the name of tholen that acts like a bot!

    What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim
    have to do with OS/2, Arne? Ironically, there is somebody
    by the name of Arne that acts like a troll.

    , Jan 9, 2011
  13. Unitary Matrix

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 09-01-2011 04:30, wrote:
    > =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=<> writes:
    >
    > 15> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy
    >
    > 15> There is somebody by the name of tholen that acts like a bot!
    >
    > What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim
    > have to do with OS/2, Arne?

    It was unsubstantiated but very correct.

    Do you want me to post links to a dozen or more
    posts from someone posting as tholen which could
    very easily be machine generated?

    I assume that everybody has seen them, but I can
    produce them if that will make you happy.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jan 11, 2011
  14. Unitary Matrix

    Guest

    Re: Declaration of new management; terms and conditions of continueduse of these groups.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?= <> writes:

    16> Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.os.os2.advocacy

    16> It was unsubstantiated but very correct.

    What does your classic unsubstantiated and erroneous claim
    have to do with OS/2, Arne?

    16> Do you want me to post links to a dozen or more
    16> posts from someone posting as tholen which could
    16> very easily be machine generated?

    What does your question have to do with OS/2, Arne?

    16> I assume that everybody has seen them, but I can
    16> produce them if that will make you happy.

    What does your assumption have to do with OS/2, Arne?

    , Jan 11, 2011