decode base64 encoded login info

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr. T, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. Mr. T

    Mr. T Guest

    Hello,

    i'm developing an application where i want to use the login auth application
    provided by our organisation. However i'm a bit stuck on processing the auth
    string i get back.

    The way it works is as follows: people go to a general login form, where
    they type in their username and password. they hit login and the login
    authentication app looks if the login is ok.

    If the result is okay the user gets redirected back to my application, but
    in the querystring a base64 encoded key is passed along containing some
    info, i.e. the user name. We have the public key to be able to decode the
    returned string.

    Now i'm wondering how to i can decode this key in an easy way in VB ASP.Net?

    Any suggestions?

    Thx in advance!

    Regards,

    Thomas L.
    Mr. T, Mar 5, 2007

  2. Mr. T

    Patrice Guest

    Conversion to/from base64 is available from the Convert class...

    Try the System.Cryptography namespace to find out if you find the algorithm
    used for encryption...

    esh80q$kdu$...

    Patrice, Mar 5, 2007