    developing the DOM and JS interface for a browser that needs to act like IE.

    Thanks,
    Brian
    Brian Genisio, Jun 2, 2004

    <URL:http://www.virtualconspiracy.com/?page=articles/breaking-screnc>

    > Is it legal to do so, assuming the authors of the code give my
    > permission to read the code?

    Do what? Decode a script or describe how to do it?
    Hmm, in these DMCA times, I wouldn't bet on it either way.
    Did I mention that the DMCA is ludicrous (however it's spelled).

    > Before anyone flames me, I promise my motives are legitimate. I am
    > developing the DOM and JS interface for a browser that needs to act
    > like IE.

    Reverse engineering in order to make a compatible product. In my country,
    at least that's still allowed.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Jun 2, 2004

  3. > <URL:http://www.virtualconspiracy.com/?page=articles/breaking-screnc>

    Thanks a bunch.

    > Reverse engineering in order to make a compatible product. In my country,
    > at least that's still allowed.

    Yeah, it is a compatible product, but in no way a competitor. It is a
    displayless "browser" used for testing purposes.

    Thanks again,
    Brian
    Brian Genisio, Jun 3, 2004