Decrypting IE JScript "encryption"

Brian Genisio

Hi all,

So, IE has a code obfuscation method that is specific to IE. I have
read that it has been easily decrypted. Has the decryption for this
method been published anywhere? Is it legal to do so, assuming the
authors of the code give my permission to read the code?

Before anyone flames me, I promise my motives are legitimate. I am
developing the DOM and JS interface for a browser that needs to act like IE.

Thanks,
Brian

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Brian Genisio said:
So, IE has a code obfuscation method that is specific to IE. I have
read that it has been easily decrypted. Has the decryption for this
method been published anywhere?

Is it legal to do so, assuming the authors of the code give my
permission to read the code?

Do what? Decode a script or describe how to do it?
Hmm, in these DMCA times, I wouldn't bet on it either way.
Did I mention that the DMCA is ludicrous (however it's spelled).
Before anyone flames me, I promise my motives are legitimate. I am
developing the DOM and JS interface for a browser that needs to act
like IE.

Reverse engineering in order to make a compatible product. In my country,
at least that's still allowed.

/L