Delete rows in Gridview

Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
hi, I am having a problem with deleting gridview rows. I am populating my gridview by selecting value in a dropdownlist then by clicking the add button, value will be added in my gridview, here is my code:

Code:
                CssClass="mGrid" EmptyDataText = "There are no records to display">
                <Columns>
                    <asp:TemplateField ItemStyle-Width="10">
            <HeaderTemplate>

            </HeaderTemplate>
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server"/>
            </ItemTemplate>
        </asp:TemplateField>

                </Columns>
</asp:GridView>

in my code behind:

Code:
      if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            DataSet ds = new DataSet();
            DataTable dt = new DataTable();
            DataColumn dc = new DataColumn("Id");
            DataColumn dc1 = new DataColumn("Name");
            //DataColumn dc2 = new DataColumn("Id");

            dt.Columns.Add(dc);
            dt.Columns.Add(dc1);
           // dt.Columns.Add(dc2);
            ds.Tables.Add(dt);
            Session["data"] = ds;
            GridView1.DataBind();

protected void btnSave_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        SqlConnection con = new SqlConnection("Data Source=GATE-PC\\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=dbProfile;Integrated Security=True");
        con.Open();

        foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows)
        {
            SqlCommand cmdd = new SqlCommand("Insert into Profile (Id, profile_Id)VALUES(@id, @pid)", con);
            cmdd.CommandType = System.Data.CommandType.Text;
            cmdd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@id", row.Cells[1].Text);
            cmdd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@pid", txtbid.Text);
            cmdd.ExecuteNonQuery();

protected void btnAdd_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        DataSet ds = (DataSet)Session["data"];
        DataRow dr = ds.Tables[0].NewRow();
        dr[0] = DropDownList1.Text.Trim();
        dr[1] = DropDownList1.SelectedItem;
        //dr[2] = txtId.Text.Trim();
        ds.Tables[0].Rows.Add(dr);
        GridView1.DataSource = ds;
        GridView1.DataBind();
    }

Now, I am trying to remove checked rows on my gridview with this code:

Code:
protected void btnRemove_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        ArrayList del = new ArrayList();

        foreach (GridViewRow row in GridView1.Rows)
        {
            if (row.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow)
            {
                CheckBox chkDelete = (CheckBox)row.Cells[0].FindControl("CheckBox1");

                if (chkDelete != null)
                {
                    if (chkDelete.Checked)
                    {

                        string id = row.Cells[1].Text;
                        del.Add(productId);
        GridView1.DataBind();
    }

With the btnRemove codes above, If I clicked it, it'll remove all values in my gridview even the unchecked rows, what I want is that just the checked rows not all. And are there any other simple way of removing rows in a gridview than using checkbox? I am using c# with asp.net. Thanks in advance and God Bless.