Delete session cookie when user leaves my domain?

Mike Dee

Hi - My site sets a session cookie for use when in mydomain.com. However
for reasons too complicated to go in to here, I need to delete or update the
cookie immediately upon someone surfing away from my site - even if its just
for a second or two.

For instance say you are on mysite.com and then you type in www.google.com
into your browser. At that point I need to delete/update that cookie so that
if you come back to my domain that session level cookie is not present.

In the OnUnload event is there any way to know where a user is going, or any
trick that can at least tell me if the browser is leaving my domain? It
doesn't matter at all what the destination is and I don't need to know that.
I just need a way to gauge in the OnUnload event whether the user is leaving
my domain so I can take care of this.

--- Mike