Deleting char arrays

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Infiltrator, Oct 15, 2008.

  1. Infiltrator

    Infiltrator

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong here? :/
    If I remove the "rename = 0;" line, the delete[] doesn't cause a crash, but then how do I null terminate it? :/

    Code:
    unsigned long long int getFileSize(string file)
    {
    	int length = file.length();
    	char *rename = new char[length];
    	int i = 0;

    	while(i < length)
    	{
    		rename[i] = file.at(i);
    		i++;
    	}
    	rename[i] = 0;

    	unsigned long long int result = getFileSize(rename);
    	delete[] rename;           //Stack heap corruption here
    	return result;
    }
    Infiltrator, Oct 15, 2008

  2. Infiltrator

    Infiltrator

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    *bump* *bump*
    Infiltrator, Oct 15, 2008

  3. Infiltrator

    Infiltrator

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    *bump* Anyone there?
    Infiltrator, Oct 15, 2008
  4. Infiltrator

    Infiltrator

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Um? Is there a reason nobody's replying? :/
    Infiltrator, Oct 16, 2008
  5. Infiltrator

    Infiltrator

    Joined: