Deleting records

Amit Kela

I am using ASP with SQL for my database.
The problem I have is that even after I have ordered certain items
from the shopping cart table on the webpage, I cannot remove them -
that is the entire list shows up the next time the table is opened.

is there any way I can delete the items once ordered so as to not let
them show in my table??

Ray at

Are you trying to execute a delete on the records and it's failing? When
are you doing the delete, upon completion of the transaction? Deleting
records isn't an issue as long as you execute a delete query.

Ray at home

Jeff Cochran

I am using ASP with SQL for my database.
The problem I have is that even after I have ordered certain items
from the shopping cart table on the webpage, I cannot remove them -
that is the entire list shows up the next time the table is opened.

is there any way I can delete the items once ordered so as to not let
them show in my table??

Terminology is important here, are you talking about deleting the
records from a database table or not showing those items in the HTML
table on your page?

Jeff

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

If the order has been placed, the cart data in the database should be
cleared out (or marked as ordered) and even the session("cartid") cleared
out - or whatever ties that specific session to that specific set of data in
the database.

Amit Kela

Jeff,
You're right, I wasnt too clear in my previous email.
But the problem I have is that the records are deleted from the SQL
database table but still show up on the ASP webpage even after being
ordered.
I cannot figure out where this data is stored if its not in the table

Amit Kela

Hey Ray,
Thanks for your reply on adding the code to delete the cache.
The problem seems to be partially solved. Now the cart shows empty
after I've placed an order. However, once I add any new item to the
cart, the new item shows up alongwith the list of items already ordered.
Amit