    that is the entire list shows up the next time the table is opened.

    is there any way I can delete the items once ordered so as to not let
    them show in my table??
    Amit Kela, Jan 28, 2004

  2. Amit Kela

    Ray at Guest

    Are you trying to execute a delete on the records and it's failing? When
    are you doing the delete, upon completion of the transaction? Deleting
    records isn't an issue as long as you execute a delete query.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Amit Kela

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On 28 Jan 2004 13:57:41 -0800, (Amit Kela)
    wrote:

    >I am using ASP with SQL for my database.
    >The problem I have is that even after I have ordered certain items
    >from the shopping cart table on the webpage, I cannot remove them -
    >that is the entire list shows up the next time the table is opened.
    >
    >is there any way I can delete the items once ordered so as to not let
    >them show in my table??

    Terminology is important here, are you talking about deleting the
    records from a database table or not showing those items in the HTML
    table on your page?

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jan 28, 2004
  4. If the order has been placed, the cart data in the database should be
    cleared out (or marked as ordered) and even the session("cartid") cleared
    out - or whatever ties that specific session to that specific set of data in
    the database.

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Amit Kela

    Amit Kela Guest

    Jeff,
    You're right, I wasnt too clear in my previous email.
    But the problem I have is that the records are deleted from the SQL
    database table but still show up on the ASP webpage even after being
    ordered.
    I cannot figure out where this data is stored if its not in the table

    Amit Kela, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Amit Kela

    Ray at Guest

    Perhaps in the client's cached version of your page. Try preventing caching
    for your pages.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2022

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Amit Kela

    Amit Kela Guest

    Hey Ray,
    Thanks for your reply on adding the code to delete the cache.
    The problem seems to be partially solved. Now the cart shows empty
    after I've placed an order. However, once I add any new item to the
    cart, the new item shows up alongwith the list of items already ordered.
    Amit

    Amit Kela, Feb 4, 2004