Delever ASP.NET App

Carlos

I wrote an C# asp.net application, now I need to deliver it to a customer. I
did the Setup Wizard to create an installer and it worked fine. The problen
is that I see that the CS (source code) files are delivered to the target
server, I do not want the customer to see the source code since I have some
web service passwords on them.

So my main question is how do I delever an ASP.NET application without
releasing the source code.

Thanks

Mark Fitzpatrick

What type of app did you write? It sounds like you wrote an ASP.Net web
site. If so, then the .cs files are needed because each page is compiled,
and you end up with usually tons of dll files. The way around this is to use
a Web Deployment Project, which will let you pre-compile everything and not
include the .cs.

Better yet, use Web Application Projects (which were available in VS 2003,
VS 2005 SP1 and later (not in a version without an SP) and VS 2008). A Web
Application Project compiles everything into a single DLL and makes things
neat and efficient. You may also want to use the web deployment project
first to make sure any extraneous resources don't go along with it, and then
use the installer on the output of the web deployment project. Sorry I can't
be more help with the last steps, but I haven't deployed a site in that
fashion for years.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick