    So my main question is how do I delever an ASP.NET application without
    releasing the source code.

    Thanks
    Carlos, May 29, 2009

  2. What type of app did you write? It sounds like you wrote an ASP.Net web
    site. If so, then the .cs files are needed because each page is compiled,
    and you end up with usually tons of dll files. The way around this is to use
    a Web Deployment Project, which will let you pre-compile everything and not
    include the .cs.

    Better yet, use Web Application Projects (which were available in VS 2003,
    VS 2005 SP1 and later (not in a version without an SP) and VS 2008). A Web
    Application Project compiles everything into a single DLL and makes things
    neat and efficient. You may also want to use the web deployment project
    first to make sure any extraneous resources don't go along with it, and then
    use the installer on the output of the web deployment project. Sorry I can't
    be more help with the last steps, but I haven't deployed a site in that
    fashion for years.

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, May 29, 2009