    FireCrow Studio
    Kylin Garden
    ICQ:156134382

    Kylin, May 17, 2005

  2. web.config file is interpreted line by line. This means deny anonymous user
    and accepten users which are authenticated. When a user request wants to be
    authorized, ASP.NET looks if it is a guest, if yes denies, otherwise allows
    user.

    Try to change line order and see what happens like:
    <!-- security -->
    <authorization>
    <allow users="*" />
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    --

    Thanks,
    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN

    Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET], May 17, 2005

  3. "?" stands for anonymous users and "*" for all users. So,

    <allow users="Jv"/>
    <deny users="?"/>

    will allow user "Jv" but deny all anonymous users. You can use to separate
    multiple identiies.

    <allow users="Jv, Kylin"/>
    <deny users="?"/>

    with regards,