Deployed ASP.NET app to 2nd machine: SLOW PERFORMANCE

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sid, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. Sid

    Sid Guest

    Hi,

    I've run into the classic "it works on my box" but doesn't
    work as expected on another test PC.

    Both boxes have Win XP Pro and .NET 1.1.

    On the dev box in Visual Studio the app runs.
    On the dev box I can launch IE and browse the site and the
    app displays the page quickly - 1 second.

    If I deploy to the test box and I hit the page from my dev
    machine the page takes 3 minutyes to load.

    If I use the test box to hit the dev box the page is also
    slow to load - 3 minutes.

    So whenever I'm hitting the page from (within or on the
    same box as)the hosted IIS box
    whether its the dev or test (no visual studio installed)
    all is well (of course ..)

    I've loosened security and ASPNET has full control on the
    site folders. Impersonation set to true in web.config.
    I've given myself full controll as well.

    I even granted processModel "SYSTEM" rights instead of
    machine.

    I'm using windows auth on the network.

    Has someone experienced this before??????? thanks

    The app actually works so I think the code is ok but 3
    minutes for a page to load. The page does reference
    another private assembly and a global assembly (with full
    trust).

    Sid, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Sid

    Bonj Guest

    I've experienced slight delays but not 3 minutes. Compare it with how fast
    it takes to access a file normally over the network, it could just be the
    network bandwidth.

    Bonj, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Sid

    Oleg Ogurok Guest

    You may want to try running ANTS profiler from http://www.red-gate.com or
    any other profiler.
    It'll show you how long it takes for each line of code to execute.
    That'll help you find the bottleneck.

    -Oleg.

    Oleg Ogurok, Apr 13, 2004