Deployment Error

Guest

Dear All,

I am trying to Deploy ASP.net application on the remote server. I am
trying to deploy it by WebSetup project. I have only installed .Net Framework
on the server. I am geting the following error:

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Now I have changed customError to Off and then made a new WebSetup Project. But still its giving the same error. I really need to figure this out .

Any help much appreciated.

cheers,
Sunil Sabir

Mike Bell

I got this when my web.config was unreadable. It then uses the
machine.config. You have anyting that might be fouled up in the web.config?

web application. This said:
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom
error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Now I have changed customError to Off and then made a new WebSetup
Project. But still its giving the same error. I really need to figure this
out .

Guest

Dear Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply.The web.config file is the same which comes with
ASP.net application. Do you think we have to change the machine.config file
on the remote server.

Hope to hear from you soon.