Deployment

Guest

In VS 2003, I would develop my application and after it was the way I wanted
it, I would move over the ".aspx" files, the bin directory, the web.config
and the images to the remote server.

Now with VS2005, I see if you use the file system, that there is no
application dll in the bin file, so the application must be compiled on the
fly, or so it seems.

So what do I need to do to compile the application and just move over the
".dll" rather then placing the source code on the web site?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

pvdg42

OldButStillLearning said:
In VS 2003, I would develop my application and after it was the way I
wanted
it, I would move over the ".aspx" files, the bin directory, the web.config
and the images to the remote server.

Now with VS2005, I see if you use the file system, that there is no
application dll in the bin file, so the application must be compiled on
the
fly, or so it seems.

So what do I need to do to compile the application and just move over the
".dll" rather then placing the source code on the web site?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Have you seen/tried Publish Web Site in the Build menu?
That precompiles your code.

Guest

Thanks, I Never heard of the "publish", but that does the job, but I would
hate to use this method each time I wanted to made a small change, as it
deletes everything and then re-moves everthing. My web site has tons of
pages and tons of attachments, and moving those each time seems a bit silly.

So is there a way to just compile and move just the new compiled software
(the .dll)?