Derived streambuf

tryptik

All-

I have been looking at all the info I can find on deriving streambuf
objects, but I need some advice. I wish to derive a custom streambuf
that filters out c++ style comments. I have looked at the boost libs
and have attempted to impliment their filtered streambuf, but it does
not seemt o support seekg() and tellg() operations that I need.

My query is, are there any good refrerences for deriving a streambuf
that will work with stringstreams and filestreams? If one is to
override the streambuf's operators to filter out comments, which ones
would need to be re-written?

Thanks

-J