deserialize java object

Ad Ad

Hi,
I am using ruby to check some memcache keys.
the memcache values are serialized java objects.

Is it possible to read these objects in ruby and output their values?

thanks,
ad.

Hassan Schroeder

I am using ruby to check some memcache keys.
the memcache values are serialized java objects.

Is it possible to read these objects in ruby and output their values?

Haven't tried it but a google search on "deserialize java object with ruby"
led to this via the second link: http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/javaobs/

Yes, it's old and apparently abandoned, but might give you a start :)

Remember, GIYF

yermej

Hi,
I am using ruby to check some memcache keys.
the memcache values are serialized java objects.

Is it possible to read these objects in ruby and output their values?

thanks,
ad.

I guess jruby would be one option. You should be able to use the Java
Serialization classes directly.