Design by Contract for abstract base class?

lilburne

Julián Albo said:
lilburne escribió:

The check made in all methods that takes a polyline argument yes, the
check done in a polyline constructions probably will be in the release
build and throw exceptions, if the construction is done with data
obtained from user interaction.

I'd be interested in the circumstances where throwing an
exception because user interaction has caused the
construction to become invalid, is more beneficial than
normal defensive coding.

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Juli=E1n?= Albo

lilburne escribió:
I'd be interested in the circumstances where throwing an
exception because user interaction has caused the
construction to become invalid, is more beneficial than
normal defensive coding.

It separates the normal flow of the program from the treatement of
errors. For me that is beneficial enough.

Regards.