    Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...

    Thanks for any help,

    Yamin
    Yamin, Sep 25, 2003

  2. Yamin

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Yamin wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
    > design patterns.

    _Design_Patterns_ by Gamma et. al.

    Something that has a bunch of patterns listed and the
    > pseudocode or better yet C code. I googled and I barely came across 5
    > books. Maybe I'm googling with the wrong words. I currently have a
    > data/algorithm book from university, but that's too focussed on containers.
    >
    > I'm thinking it should cover topics like:
    >
    > Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...

    Not all of the above are patterns, for instance hashing is a type of
    algorithm not a pattern. There is a difference.

    NR

    BTW, this has nothing to do with C++.
    Noah Roberts, Sep 25, 2003

  3. Yamin

    Dan Cernat Guest

    "Yamin" <> wrote in message news:<Vvpcb.4421$>...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
    > design patterns. Something that has a bunch of patterns listed and the
    > pseudocode or better yet C code. I googled and I barely came across 5
    > books. Maybe I'm googling with the wrong words. I currently have a
    > data/algorithm book from university, but that's too focussed on containers.
    >
    > I'm thinking it should cover topics like:
    >
    > Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Yamin

    "Design Patterns - Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
    by
    Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides
    Dan Cernat, Sep 25, 2003
  4. Yamin

    jeffc Guest

    "Yamin" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
    > design patterns.

    No doubt "Design Patterns" will be recommended to you. It's the grandaddy
    of pattern books, but frankly it's not the easiest read in the world. I've
    seen recommendations for newer, more practical books. Try comp.object, tell
    them what I said, and see what they say.
    jeffc, Sep 25, 2003