design pattern book recommendation

Yamin

Hey all,

I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
design patterns. Something that has a bunch of patterns listed and the
pseudocode or better yet C code. I googled and I barely came across 5
books. Maybe I'm googling with the wrong words. I currently have a
data/algorithm book from university, but that's too focussed on containers.

I'm thinking it should cover topics like:

Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...

Thanks for any help,

Yamin

Noah Roberts

Yamin said:
Hey all,

I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
design patterns.

_Design_Patterns_ by Gamma et. al.

Something that has a bunch of patterns listed and the
pseudocode or better yet C code. I googled and I barely came across 5
books. Maybe I'm googling with the wrong words. I currently have a
data/algorithm book from university, but that's too focussed on containers.

I'm thinking it should cover topics like:

Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...

Not all of the above are patterns, for instance hashing is a type of
algorithm not a pattern. There is a difference.

NR

BTW, this has nothing to do with C++.

Dan Cernat

Yamin said:
Hey all,

I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
design patterns. Something that has a bunch of patterns listed and the
pseudocode or better yet C code. I googled and I barely came across 5
books. Maybe I'm googling with the wrong words. I currently have a
data/algorithm book from university, but that's too focussed on containers.

I'm thinking it should cover topics like:

Vistors, hashing, singleton, worker threads, factories...

Thanks for any help,

Yamin

"Design Patterns - Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software"
by
Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides

jeffc

Yamin said:
Hey all,

I was just wondering if you guys have any good references for books on
design patterns.

No doubt "Design Patterns" will be recommended to you. It's the grandaddy
of pattern books, but frankly it's not the easiest read in the world. I've
seen recommendations for newer, more practical books. Try comp.object, tell
them what I said, and see what they say.