    done this and it works) but I'm wondering if there is an open standard for
    receiving an .XML (as XML data rather than as a string) so that it can be
    validated as it comes in.
    TonyR, May 26, 2005

  2. TonyR

    inetmug Guest

    The JAX-RPC specification (v1.1) dictates that the xsd:any type be
    represented by an
    instance of a class that implements the javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement
    interface. The
    SOAPElement interface implements the org.w3c.dom.Node interface and offers a
    similar
    API as an object implementing the org.w3c.dom.Document interface for
    manipulating its
    content. Therefore, if you want to pass unmodified XML data you can
    manipulate the
    data in a document object, use the document to populate an instance of an
    object
    implementing SOAPElement, and then pass the data in an operation that uses
    an xsd:any
    as a parameter.
    This note will illustrate this concept. You can find a nice introduction to
    this topic at
    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-xsdany.html.
    --
    Patrick