Design structure for a MMORPG server core written in C++

Snyke

Hi.
I know this is not closely related to C++ but it's a design issue, I
hope anyway to find someone willing to introduce me to the secrets of
good server design.

The problem is that I have to write a core of a MMORPG server, the
problem being that I have absolutely no clue how to design it. Is there
a good tutorial on how to structure such an important part (which after
all makes up to 90% of the perofmance, but also 90% of the possible
bugs)?

Any feedback is very appreciated :)

Snyke

Christopher Benson-Manica

Snyke said:
I know this is not closely related to C++

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

but it's a design issue, I
hope anyway to find someone willing to introduce me to the secrets of
good server design.
The problem is that I have to write a core of a MMORPG server, the
problem being that I have absolutely no clue how to design it. Is there
a good tutorial on how to structure such an important part (which after
all makes up to 90% of the perofmance, but also 90% of the possible
bugs)?
Any feedback is very appreciated :)

Have you checked google? comp.programming comes to mind as a
newsgroup where this might be topical. Check it out.