Designing UserControls in VS2005 Pro using stylesheets (css)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by ts@ck-de.net, Jan 23, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi experts,

    when trying to design a UserControl (ascx) using the designeditor of
    VisualStudio2005 Pro:
    How can I embedd a stylesheet to make a perfect layout ?

    Until today I've designed some kind of html-template using another
    editor (for example dreamweaver) and then I copied and pasted the html
    code into html view of the control so I could us stylesheets to format
    my controls.

    Yet I did not find a way to create a new ASCX in VStudio and then
    embedd a stylesheet while designtime so my layouts look worse while
    designing them ...

    Any ideas / suggests ??

    Regards

    Tom

    , Jan 23, 2007

  2. To get proper design time support for CSS in ASCX you will need to use what
    Microsoft calls "themes"
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

    More information and links can be found by following
    http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkCy3rZFGXsBQ0xXNyoA?p=asp.net themes&ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&x=wrt

    Nathaniel Greene, Jan 24, 2007

    Seems like that is the solution to my problem :))

    Thanks to Nathaniel.

    On 24 Jan., 05:25, Nathaniel Greene <>
    wrote:
    > To get proper design time support for CSS in ASCX you will need to use what
    > Microsoft calls "themes"http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/11/CuttingEdge/default.aspx
    >
    > More information and links can be found by followinghttp://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkkCy3rZFGXsBQ0xXNyoA?p=asp.ne...
    >

    > "" wrote:
    > > Hi experts,

    > > when trying to design a UserControl (ascx) using the designeditor of
    > > VisualStudio2005 Pro:
    > > How can I embedd a stylesheet to make a perfect layout ?

    > > Until today I've designed some kind of html-template using another
    > > editor (for example dreamweaver) and then I copied and pasted the html
    > > code into html view of the control so I could us stylesheets to format
    > > my controls.

    > > Yet I did not find a way to create a new ASCX in VStudio and then
    > > embedd a stylesheet while designtime so my layouts look worse while
    > > designing them ...

    > > Any ideas / suggests ??

    > > Regards

    > > Tom- Zitierten Text ausblenden -- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

    , Jan 24, 2007