Designmode IFrames and event handlers in Firefox 1.5

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jdlwright@gmail.com, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all, I busted a gut getting my design-mode iframe to work properly
    in FF1 and IE, and just when I thought everything worked nice I
    discovered that in FF1.5 event handlers in the iframe are no longer
    processed;

    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Rich-Text_Editing_in_Mozilla

    they infer that event handlers were never handled, but they were in
    1.0.6...

    Anyway - can anyone suggest how I can work around this, basically I
    want to be able to detect when a specific span element in my iframe's
    document is clicked?

    Twenty million Reward Card points to the best soln. ;-)

    TIA
    Jim
    , Jan 19, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hi all, I busted a gut getting my design-mode iframe to work properly
    > in FF1 and IE, and just when I thought everything worked nice I
    > discovered that in FF1.5 event handlers in the iframe are no longer
    > processed;

    > Anyway - can anyone suggest how I can work around this, basically I
    > want to be able to detect when a specific span element in my iframe's
    > document is clicked?

    If your document containing the editable iframe wants to know when
    something is clicked in the editable iframe then it can certainly set up
    event listeners on the iframe document, simple example
    <http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/javascript/2006/01/test2006011901.html>
    works for me on Windows with IE 6, Mozilla 1.7, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9
    Preview.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Jan 19, 2006

    Martin Honnen wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all, I busted a gut getting my design-mode iframe to work properly
    > > in FF1 and IE, and just when I thought everything worked nice I
    > > discovered that in FF1.5 event handlers in the iframe are no longer
    > > processed;

    > > Anyway - can anyone suggest how I can work around this, basically I
    > > want to be able to detect when a specific span element in my iframe's
    > > document is clicked?

    > If your document containing the editable iframe wants to know when
    > something is clicked in the editable iframe then it can certainly set up
    > event listeners on the iframe document, simple example
    > <http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/javascript/2006/01/test2006011901.html>
    > works for me on Windows with IE 6, Mozilla 1.7, Firefox 1.5 and Opera 9
    > Preview.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Martin Honnen
    > http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Live saver!!

    Thanks very much, your example has saved me much trouble.

    Thanks again
    Jim
    , Jan 19, 2006