DesignTime-Support for self-defined value list - how to do that?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Geepy, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. Geepy

    Geepy Guest

    I am implementing an Extension control that provides other Controls
    with a set of properties.
    One of the properties should be a list of values that is configurable
    by the user (aka developer).

    The Extension control itself has a collection property where the user
    can specify the values that should be allowable for the extension on
    the other controls.

    I am able to provide the VS Designer with that list in Design mode when

    the method ITypeDescriptor.GetStandardValues() is called with a valid
    conext as parameter. There I retrieve my own Extender control and query

    it for the current list of allowed values.
    But when I work in Markup, the type descriptor is called with an empty
    context ('null').
    How can I retrieve the current list of property values from my extender

    control when in markup mode?

    Below is a snippet of the markup for my extender control

    <my:Extender ID="extender1" runat="server">
    <AllowedValues>
    <my:AllowedValue name="one" value="1"/>
    <my:AllowedValue name="two" value="2"/>
    <my:AllowedValue name="three" value="3"/>
    </AllowedValues>
    <ExtensionsProvided>
    <my:ExtensionProvided ControlId="ctl1" Preset="one"/>
    </ExtensionsProvided>

    When I open this markup, delete the '="one"' behind Preset and press
    the '=' key, I get an intellisense list which should contain 'one',
    'two' and 'three', but the list is always empty...

    Any ideas?

    Guenter from Frankfurt/Germany

    Geepy, Nov 6, 2006