Desperately need ASP.Net Grid Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Daniel, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Anyone know where I can find one that has the following features:

    - Absolutely must be able to copy and paste multiple cells, rows, columns
    etc.
    - Customizable multi-line column headers. Each line in the header having
    it's own customizable font, size, column span etc.
    - Customizable cell formulas so that cell x can be a calculation from other
    cells in the spreadsheet.

    That's pretty much it.

    I've tried three so far, but 2 of them (Infragistics UltraWebGrid and
    ..ComponentOne WebGrid) didn't have copy/paste ability, so they're out. The
    third is Spread for Web Forms from Farpoint, and it seems to do most of what
    I need but we're having a few issues using it and my trial version just
    expired.

    Anyone have any suggestions. We've thought about making our own. However
    we don't have the time to do so and if there are others out there doing it
    already there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

    Thanks in advance.
    Daniel
    Daniel, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Daniel

    Chris Bower Guest

    What do you mean by copy & paste? If you mean actually selecting the rows in
    the browser and copying & pasting there, you're probably not going to find a
    solution. That is handled exclusively by whatever browser engine you're
    working with.

    Chris Bower, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I mean highlighting a group of cells, hitting "ctrl c" and then pasting with
    "ctrl v".

    Farpoint's Spread for Web Forms does this well enough for our purposes. It
    can't dynamically insert rows based on what is being pasted but if the
    number of rows/columns being pasted is less than or equal to the number of
    rows/columns in the grid, it pastes them fine. Basically, our clients will
    have something in Microsoft Excel which will need to be pasted into the
    grid. It is always a predetermined set number of rows and columns. We're
    leaning towards FarPoint's grid, but are wondering what else is out there.

    Thanks,
    Dan

    Daniel, Nov 17, 2003