DetailsView control - where do I catch db timeout exception?

DotNetter

Hi all

I'm using several data controls that I've configured via the VS2005 gui
- setting datasources for example.

Occassionally when I view the page I get a connection timeout or some
other db error but I want to display a custom error page.

i've set the default error page in the app config but this isn't
working.

where can I catch db erros for data driven controls so that I can use a
response.redirect???

Cheers

Wayne