DetailsView control - where do I catch db timeout exception?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DotNetter, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. DotNetter

    DotNetter Guest

    Hi all

    I'm using several data controls that I've configured via the VS2005 gui
    - setting datasources for example.

    Occassionally when I view the page I get a connection timeout or some
    other db error but I want to display a custom error page.

    i've set the default error page in the app config but this isn't
    working.

    where can I catch db erros for data driven controls so that I can use a
    response.redirect???

    Cheers

    Wayne

    DotNetter, Jun 21, 2006