detect browser flash plugin and pass result to ASPX page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Frank Jiang, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Frank Jiang

    Frank Jiang Guest

    The purpose is to dynamicly create Ads image based on client browser
    settings.

    I know it's easy to detect browser flash plugin information by using
    VBScript. The hard part is how to pass the infomation to ASP.net in
    pageload function.

    Previously we use document.write(...) to dynamically write html using
    javascript. But it would be nice to use more advanced feature of
    ASP.net. For example, I can have two xml files, namely, AdsFlash.xml
    and AdsNonFlash.xml so that we can decide which file to load depending
    on client flash setting.

    What do you think about my approach.

    Thanks

    Frank