detect text properties modify field

bscofield

I need help with 2 things. I have a little help file program. Displays
a list of help files on the left frame, the contents in the right
frame. If you have the admin rights you can create/modify the help
files. In the name of "look-'n-feel" I have given the writer/author
the ability to use simple HTML stuff on the text: bold, italics, font
size, font type, etc.

I want to be able to have the property buttons follow the hightlighted
text or the text that the cursor is on. Ya know, just like Mickeysoft
does it. So if the word is bold and is Arial font then when the cursor
is on that word or it's highlighted then the Arial font get's placed
into the Select form field and the bold image switches to the
"selected" type image. Switching the image I can do, it's the
detecting the text properties and modifying the select field that I
can't do...

Any help?

Thanks...