determin color of a specific hyperlink

Roy G. Vervoort

Thanks very much, IT FINALLY WORKS
Steve Pugh said:
In your CSS:

a:link {color: #660066;}
a:visited {color: #FFFF00;}
a.special:link {color: #00FF00;}
a.special:visited {color: #FF0000;}

In your HTML:

Steve

Steve Pugh <[email protected]> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Whitecrest

Apparently because it's the new and best way of doing it and we all must
jump on board!, so I'm told at least, no doubt people would throw a
hissy fit because I'm currently using C instead of C++ ;)

Blasphemer!!!

Whitecrest

say-no-to- said:
That depends. For one single page, and only the link styles, you're
probably right...

His solution is correct for the answer. Your solution is correct too.
But why take the added effort to belittle the other person's answer if
it is not wrong?

Matthias Gutfeldt

Whitecrest said:
His solution is correct for the answer. Your solution is correct too.

Nope. Read the thread again. Both answers were wrong.

But why take the added effort to belittle the other person's
answer if it is not wrong?

I didn't belittle it, I mentioned it's an outdated method. Sorry if that
hurts YOUR feelings - I didn't see Steve R. breaking out in tears ;-).

Matthias

Whitecrest

say-no-to- said:
Because I didn't interpret the question correctly.

So you did not give him a wrong answer. You gave him what you thought
was the correct answer based on your knowledge at the time you typed the
answer.

There is a difference.

Mark Parnell

So you did not give him a wrong answer. You gave him what you thought
was the correct answer based on your knowledge at the time you typed the
answer.

There is a difference.

So if someone asks what 2 + 2 is, and I say 6 because I thought they
said 3 + 3, I'm not wrong?

I'll have to go back to school and let the teachers know.

Whitecrest

So if someone asks what 2 + 2 is, and I say 6 because I thought they
said 3 + 3, I'm not wrong?

No you are not wrong because 3+3=6? You answered correctly based on the
knowledge you had at the time of your response.

Mark Parnell

No you are not wrong because 3+3=6? You answered correctly based on the
knowledge you had at the time of your response.

I still don't agree, but that's an interesting perspective. Hmmm.