Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Dear all

I am currently using:

Windown XP 2002 Pro with Service Pack 2
Dev-C++ Version 4.9.9.2

I am new to programming and I am learning from a book call "C++ All-in-one Desk reference for dummies" by Jeff Cogswell. I tried to use the code provided to see how the language works. The book uses version 4.9.9.0. I loaded the code which is all in the same project, and i have some compiler error that i do not understand. Please help! The code and error messages are displayed below

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>

using namespace std;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  int NumberOfPotholes = 532587;
  NumberOfPotholes = 6087;
  int *ptr;
  ptr = &NumberOfPotholes;
  *ptr = 6087;
  cout << NumberOfPotholes << endl;
  cout << &NumberOfPotholes << endl;
  cout << ptr << endl;
  system("PAUSE");
  return 0;
}
Error Message
cannot find -lobjc
ld returned 1 exit status
[Build Error] [Pointer1.exe] Error 1

Any help is much appreaciated, I am getting a bit frustrated with programming, so if anyone knows any smarter way to learn C++, that will be great too.

Regards

Grasshopper Esq.